Enough wine - she said.





















Enough Wine

Enough wine -  she said
Holding out her hand and
covering the glass.
Id like some more
but I darent,  
I am on my own.
If I have one glass
they will smile indulgently.
If I have two glasses
they will frown and quietly
pass comment on my life.
So I will sit here - floating
on the conversation around me.
Then I shall discreetly pick up
my handbag - which secretly holds
my courage in a clear liquid -
and leave.

Copyright Diana Leighton October 2011
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

1 comment:

  1. "Then I shall discreetly pick up
    my handbag - which secretly holds
    my courage in a clear liquid -
    and leave." This is such a nice line. It makes me think...

    ReplyDelete